10 tips to get you moving and working out!
So, youíre extremely motivated, love working out, fit and youíre just about to go on a run. Really? Than this post isnít for you, this post is about lazy people, people who canít find motivation to get out there and workout, if you want to be fit, but just canít, this postís for you.
1. Tell everyone you're going to get in shape, by telling everyone you're trying to get in shape and that you will get in shape, you're commiting yourself to it, you'll be scared to look stupid and you'll try harder to lose the extra pounds.
2. Take the stairs, always stairs, even if there is an elevator, even if itís hard, itís really worth it, calories stack up.
3. Get as much exercise as possible, and do it EVERYDAY, if you miss even a single day, you might miss the next, thinking, itís just one day. (except if youíre injured!) You deprive yourself of Dopamine, meaning youíre less likely to keep working out regulary with each day you miss, make it a regular thing, a routine that has to be followed.
4. Do something you love, do it because you love, convince yourself that you love it if you must. If you do it and you suffer, it's work, you're not getting paid, you'll stop showing up.
5. Youíre probably sitting there, thinking, ďIf I donít workout, Iíll be fat, I should go workout.Ē This is very wrong, you mustnít say ďIf I donít, Iíll be fatĒ It makes it seem like youíre threatning yourself. ďI shouldĒ The word should implies itís work and it ainít fun, you must convince youself itís fun, drown yourself in positivety, by talking like that, youíre making it harder. Try saying ďI canít wait to go to the gym so Iíll be one step closer to a sexy bodyĒ or ďThe gym is so much fun, progress is slow, but real!Ē
6. Don't eat chocolate, it's addictive, unless you can portion control, don't even start. If you start eating and you eat too much, you'll feel guilty, which is like saying I give up, I'm going to stay fat
7. Replace unhealthy with healthy, instead of chocolate, try an apple, sweet and healthy! Instead of a strawberry yogurt, try some strawberries in a lowfat yogurt.
8. Try eating 6~5 meals everyday, it'll jumpstart your metabolism and help you do physical activity better. Your runs will be fueled better and you won't feel as heavy.
9. Plan your workout, you'll be more likely to do it if you plan it and write it on paper.
10. Think of the end result, think about it positively, you'll have an awesome body, you'll finish that race, you'll have bragging rights. Anything you can think of!