5 Simple Tips To Finding Your Soul Mate
I'm sure if you're single you are wondering if there is someone out there for you. That one person that you can share your life and happiness with and be completely satisfied for the rest of your life. In my experience, I have learned that this takes a few key things that I will share with you:
1. Patience - if you rush into finding someone, you usually settle for someone who is nothing like the person you need. Why? Because when you rush, you let your guard down and you lower your standards and begin making exceptions. Hold your ground and stick to your guns and your dream person will find you. Occupy your time by doing things you enjoy doing like reading, working, cooking, cleaning, going out with friends, watching a good movie, etc. When you take time to love yourself and do things you enjoy, the right person will see how happy you are being by yourself and will be intrigued to want to share that happiness with you.
2. Standards - You must have standards. Most times relationships and marriages fail because we tend to settle for whatever we can get because we're not getting any younger or our biological clock is ticking. While this may be true, it's not a reason to rush into something with someone who isn't right for you. Take time and write down the things that are important to you in a mate, no matter how ridiculous you think they sound, believe me with over 6 billion people in the world, there HAS to be someone that meets your standards. With this comes patience, which is also a virtue.
3. Be Yourself - One of the biggest turn-offs to that right person is being with someone who pretends to be one person in the beginning and after a few years changes into who they really are. Do not pretend to be someone you are not. In the end, it will only hurt you because once the person you are dating realizes who you really are, they will leave you if not for incompatibility for the lies you told and the facade you kept up for so long. It pays to just be yourself. If you are a messy person, be a messy person. While some people may not like it, there may be someone out there who is OCD clean and would LOVE to have someone to clean after all day to give them something to do. If you are always depressed there is someone out there who is passionate about helping people and would give anything to have someone they can hold and comfort all the time. Don't get down on yourself because you think you have flaws. What one person sees as flaws someone else will see as perks. This also comes with patience.
4. Love Yourself - This should have been the number 1 tip but I thought patience is much more important because I know a LOT of people who are completely impatient which gets them into situations they cannot get out of. Whereas, had they been a little more patient, that situation could have been avoided. Now, low self-esteem is no secret to most people. You look in the mirror and you decide to put makeup on to cover your acne scars, put pieces in your hair or put on a wig, wear girdles to hold in those rolls, etc. In actuality, after speaking to many different people, they think that people being who they are and loving themselves enough to not want to try to enhance or accessorize their looks are more beautiful. Contrary to popular belief, beauty begins in the heart. If you cannot look at yourself in the mirror after taking a shower (without makeup or clothes) and see a beautiful person, no one else will see it either. Putting makeup, accessories and hair pieces on top of something that is already beautiful looks like overkill to someone who sees your true beauty. Learn to look in the mirror and love what you see. We are all made in the image of God, so there are no ugly people. There is someone out there who will see and adore the true you, so just be who you are and God will guide that person to you.
5. Trust God - I know most people don't believe in God and if that's the case, then this may not be for you. However, those of you who do believe I encourage you to wait on the Lord. He created us all and He knows you better than you need yourself. If He has yet to send you someone who can love you the way He loves you and share your life with then it means your time has not come yet. In the meantime, spend time with Him. Get to know God and establish that unbreakable connection with Him. Keep Him happy by doing His will and being the person He needs you to be and in due time, He will send you someone to be with if He sees that you could use someone. Remember that if you are single, there is a reason. We are not required to marry and be with someone. God would prefer that we remain as Jesus was when He was on the earth (single and only loving and serving God). However, He did say that if we feel like we need to have someone, He will provide that for us as He did for Adam by providing him with Eve. We simply have to stay in His will and obey Him and He will give us the desires of our hearts.
I think 5 is enough for now. I hope this helped at least one person to gain a better understanding of how to attract the right person to them. Best to you all.