Tips on how to end a relationship
You realize your relationship is not working. How do you break up with someone, yet you do not want to hurt them. Here are some tips on how to end it.
1) Talk in person. Tell the person the reason it is time to call it quits. Do not text, or call or email the person. Let the person know you are not taking the break-up lightly.
2) If you fear the person you are breaking up with will be irrational or violent do it in public. Go to a mall where you can be walking and talking, and you can explain things to them.
3) Don't do the blame game. Simply say thing are not working out as they should, and I think it is time to move on.
4) Don't be indecisive. Do not say you need a break. Do not say you need time to think. You do not want to give the other person hopes of reconciliation because you need time.
5) Don't be insensitive. The other person may be very upset. Let them know you are upset as well but you see no future and they deserve their happiness. If possible end the meeting with a hug.
6) Be honest. If you do not want any communication with them tell them. They may want to call you after the break up. Let them know Yes, or no to future communication.
7) If you have your possessions or their possessions get or give them back. If you received gifts, or gave them gifts talk about what will be done. This should be done in a responsible way. Be understanding and sensitive to them.
8) Give them their space. You may want to reach out to them to make sure they are okay. Don't. They may think you have changed their mind. If you are worried that they may hurt themselves, have a friend check on them.